Learn while having fun - If learning is about problem-solving and skills mastery, what greater way to accomplish this than by using games and simulations to help us teach and learn? By “doing” and by collaborating, it has been repeatedly shown that people learn more and retain that knowledge longer over time. Students are actively involved in the process of working a problem through to solution. I experiment with this idea using my e-learning portal as a delivery medium. I set up different types of interactive games: crossword, quizzes, matching pairs, groupings, and word game. Through my e-learning portal or my wikis ( Physical Properties of Food and Food Ingredients ), I add some elements of fun in the form of interactive crossword puzzle, word game (akin to Wheel of Fortune – see picture above – try it out yourself ), interactive quizzes, matching correct pairs, grouping items into correct category, etc.. These add another dimension to my teaching while offering the students a...
Comments
Post a Comment